I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Friday 23 April 2010

Liking the fixtures

In previous World Cups, I'm sure it's been the case that the two favourites in a group have been scheduled to meet each other in the last group game. But FIFA have obviously realised that if these two teams have won their preceding two games, there's not much to play for other than a draw in the final group game - an anti-climax.

So this year, they seem to have pitched the group favourites against each other in the first group game. A good move I think. Dare these teams risk tame draws and hope they will win their remaining two games? I don't think so. Could be interesting...