I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Tuesday 27 April 2010

World Cup Group A

Four fairly decent teams in this one for televisual viewing. The hosts will make it through. Don't remember much of Mexico at the World Cup except an awesome Negrete overhead kick in '86. Uruguay fouled anything that moved in '82. That leaves the French. Nowhere near as good as they were in '98 when they won it, though they probably had a better team in '02 when they didn't make it through the Group Stage. The runners-up last time should make it through with the hosts, though I'm not putting money on it. 1 SOUTH AFRICA 2 FRANCE 3 Mexico 4 Uruguay