I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Semi-Final: Holland 3-2 Uruguay

With this tip in the bag, it's hard not to feel a little smug that one of the teams I predicted would make the final has made the final.

And they deserve to be there. Six wins out of six. Responsible for knocking the much-fancied Brazilians out. And now Germany or Spain to face in the final.

The scoreline flatters the game. Like many of the games at this World Cup, it wasn't that exciting, although De Zeeuw got kicked in the head, Van bronckhorst scored a fantastic goal, and the team I put a tenner on at 9-1 at the start of the tournament are in the final. Now I'm thinking I should have gone each way.

But that's by the by. Envy the Dutch fans and the anticipation they have of one of the biggest days of their life on Sunday. I hope they win for the sake of my pocket...