I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Tuesday 25 May 2010

England 3-1 Mexico

It's only a warm-up would be my cry to all those fretting over the performance. Oh, and we won. Sure, not a vintage display, but it's time to roll out the cliche - if you can play badly and still win - er I don't know the rest of that cliche, or even if it is a cliche.

Both Johnsons looked good as did the crowd in their matching t-shirts. Chiles was so laidback in the booth I wouldn't be surprised if he was horizontal during the game. Wasn't impressed with Baines or Carrick, but I doubt either are pencilled in as starters. Sure, no England player looks confident with the ball at his feet for longer than 10 seconds, but that's the English way.

And it's probably why we won't win the World Cup.