I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Monday 31 May 2010

A nerve wracking 24 hours...

It's the not knowing that kills you, they say. And for a group of players, the next 24 hours will see their fate decided. But I'm not talking about the seven England players who'll have to watch the World Cup at home on the telly with the rest of us. I'm talking about my team, Crystal Palace, who face going bust unless the money men can hammer out some deal before 3pm.

We've all got to accept that the game is run by money nowadays. But it is hard to accept that a second tier team with a 105 year history could go to the wall within 24 hours. If there's no Palace, there's no real point to domestic football for me. I'll just carry on following England, and remember being there when Freedman slotted in that winner against Stockport and going absolutely fookin mental.

Let's hope I don't have to go mental for totally different reasons at 3.01pm tomorrow...