I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Sunday 16 May 2010

Chances of hosting 2018 tournament

Did it really take 1700 odd pages to outline why England should host the 2018 World Cup? Who's going to wade through all that? I hope there's lots of pictures, not to mention a few bribes!

Ah, yes bribes. A word that's been banded about by the leader of our bid. Something to do with Spain, Russia and referees. All sounds like school playground stuff, and not anything that's going to help us put our case across.

To be honest, Russia must have a strong case to be the hosts, despite the fact that it'll have been 52 years since we did the honours by 2018. Obviously, I'm backing the England bid, not that'll make a blade of grass worth of difference. Back the bid