I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Sunday 30 May 2010

Japan 1-2 England

Well, we don't look like world beaters on the evidence of that performance. But then we don't need to yet. No point peaking in May when the final's in July.

Reckon the game will have confirmed a few things though. Bent, Huddlestone, Parker, Warnock and Dawson won't be making the trip to South Africa. Joe Cole definitely should.

ITV need to tighten up their introductory sequence, as Chiles made an unexpected early appearance before being cut off. Always embarrassing to watch. And I hope their World Cup title sequence isn't as long as the one we witnessed today.