I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Thursday 17 June 2010

England Game Eve

The one factor that gave me more confidence than at any World Cup since the Robson era, Capello, now doesn't seem so powerful. The decisions he made in the YouSir game all went awry, and made him look a little ordinary, unfortunately. Even a convincing win tomorrow will only go some way to rebuilding faith in the man. Still, he's sticking by his guns and refusing to reveal his team until a couple of hours before kick-off. Only Barry, it seems, knows he'll be in the line-up for the national anthem, and I suggest he doesn't ask Milner the words. If I were Capello, here's who I'd be telling in a thick Italian accent 'you're in':

GK Hart
LB A Cole
CB Terry
CB Dawson
RB Johnson
ML J Cole
MR Lennon
MC Barry
MC Lampard
AMC Gerrard
ST Rooney