I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Friday 11 June 2010

South Africa 1-1 Mexico

The incessant drone of the vuvuzelas soon became relaxing as I pretended to work. These crude instruments seem destined to provide the backing track for every game in this tournament. The Mexicans had their wave in 1986. The South Africans shall have their trumpets. I thought South Africa would win this one, swept along by the tide of emotion, but poor defending let them down, and a post got in the way right near the end. If either of these sides reach the quarter finals I'll eat someone else's hat, as I don't own one.