I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Saturday 26 June 2010

Last 16: Uruguay 2-1 South Korea

The vuvuzelas and a fairly heavy luncheon sent me to dreamland for most of the first half of this one, which by most accounts was dominated by the Uruguayans. But the Koreans looked dominant in the second half and weren't shy of going forward, an attitude that soon resulted in an equaliser. However, the winner was a pretty decent cracker from just inside the area, in off the post, hurdle the hoardings (nearly kicking a photographer in the face) and celebrate with the subs in the rain. Great stuff.