I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Thursday 24 June 2010

25th: SLOVENIA

Koren aside, I still couldn't name any Slovenian players. They've not really made any kind of impact on the tournament, though they've not disgraced themselves either.

Sometimes you have to consider that teams like Slovenia, who don't really believe they can win the World Cup when they turn up, just make sure they don't get humiliated. So it's more about keeping a clean sheet than troubling the keeper, and snatching a draw or a narrow win rather than going for goals.

It's a shame, as teams that go out after having a go are far more memorable than ones who keep it tight all tournament and slip out of the back door unnoticed.