I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Thursday 17 June 2010

France 0-2 Mexico

That French coach lad with the eyebrows hasn't gelled together a group of players who are individually good. Still riding high on taking them to the final of the last World Cup, I suspect. A truly awful performance from them for a second time. If there's any justice, they'll be on their way home.

But I'm gonna give credit to Mexico. They play well as a team, know how to pass it about with confidence and deserve their place in the last 16. A nice little draw with Uruguay should see to that, though what the host nation would think should that handy little result look 'arranged' remains to be seen. I'm sure both teams will go for it though, he hastily adds, covering his ass somewhat.