I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Tuesday 22 June 2010

GROUP A FINALE: South Africa 2-1 France; Uruguay 1-0 Mexico

And so the final games in the group, and what a disgrace France are/were on and off the pitch. Another woeful performance, and the manager at the end refused to shake hands with his South African counterpart. Dear oh dear. Good riddance France.

South Africa should have but didn't go for the jugular in this, after France were reduced to ten men after another dubious red card. Couldn't happen to a nicer team. Although I wear glasses and have been called four eyes before, I don't actually possess that number of see-ers so couldn't watch anything but the highlights of the Uruguay game, but they've done the business and win the group, with the Mexicans edging out the hosts on goal difference.

Here's how I thought Group A would finish. Here's how it actually did: 1 URUGUAY 2 MEXICO 3 South Africa 4 France. I got it totally and utterly wrong.