I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Saturday 26 June 2010

Round of 16 - Predicted vs Actual

Here's how I thought the Round of 16 would shape up:

SOUTH AFRICA v ARGENTINA
ENGLAND v GHANA
HOLLAND v SLOVAKIA
BRAZIL v HONDURAS
---
NIGERIA v FRANCE
GERMANY v SLOVENIA
ITALY v CAMEROON
SPAIN v IVORY COAST

Sadly, only 8 of the teams I predicted would make it actually did. Quite a poor effort. Which nicely sums up the World Cups of South Africa, Honduras, Nigeria, France, Slovenia, Italy, Cameroon and the Ivory Coast.

Here's the actual Last 16 ties

URUGUAY v SOUTH KOREA
USA v GHANA
HOLLAND v SLOVAKIA
BRAZIL v CHILE
---
ARGENTINA v MEXICO
GERMANY v ENGLAND
PARAGUAY v JAPAN
SPAIN v PORTUGAL

So, I predicted the Holland v Slovakia tie dead-on. I'm not exactly beaming with pride here...