I'm not going to South Africa. So instead I'm gonna try and watch a bit if not all of every game at work, or at home or in a bar or wherever. On the telly. With a beer. And I'm gonna predict who I think is gonna win. And talk about football stuff. So there.

Thursday 24 June 2010

GROUP C FINALE: England 1-0 Slovenia; USA 1-0 Algeria

Oooo, me hangover. I'm sore but we're through and deserved our win. Enduring memories are Terry putting his head and health on the line to defend our goal line, Rooney hitting the post, and of course, shouting very very loud when Defoe scored. I don't think England has set the tournament on fire by any means, but we're through. Bring on the Germans.

YouSir left it late to not only join us in the next phase, but beat us to the top spot in the Group, and secure a route to the semis that looks easier than ours on paper. One of Uruguay, South Korea, USA or Ghana is going to be in the World Cup semi-final. Hope it's Ghana. The celebrations when Donovan sealed the win in added-on time were as you'd expect, raucous. Fair play to them.

Here's how I predicted the Group would end up. Here's how it really did: 1 USA 2 ENGLAND 3 Slovenia 4 Algeria